If you want to visit an African country and are not very fond of animals, Egypt must be on top of your list. My first visit to Africa was in Egypt and I still dream about this wonderful, enigmatic country!
Egypt is an exceptionally history rich country. Once upon a time, Egypt was an important part of civilisation and a mighty force to reckon with. There are places in Egypt which will take you several centuries back. From the great pyramids of Giza to the ancient town of Luxor, Egypt will never disappoint you. It’s not only history, but the natural beauty of Egypt is diverse. Egypt has some of the finest underwater diving spots. This is an ultimate 7 days Egypt itinerary to get the best out of this fantastic country.
Day 1: Arrive in Egypt Transfer to Giza
The gateway to Egypt will be Cairo International Airport (IATA: CAI, ICAO: HECA). Take a taxi from the Cairo International Airport to Giza. Take enough rest to get ready for the upcoming jam-packed days.
Day 2: Giza
You will be spending day 2 in Egypt exploring the ancient town of Giza.
What to see in Giza?
- The great pyramid of Giza
- Sphinx of Giza
- Red Pyramid
- Pyramids of Dashur
- Camel ride
- Local food
Where to stay in Giza?
Details trip plan in Giza
Want to know a detailed thing to do in Giza? Click here.
Day 3: Cairo
How to reach Cairo?
Take an Uber from Giza to reach Cairo.
What to see in Cairo?
- Egyptian Museum
- Tahrir square
- Al-Azhar mosque
- Al-Hussain Mosque
- Al-Azhar park
- Khan el Khalili market
Where to stay in Cairo?
Details trip plan in Cairo
Want to know a detailed thing to do in Cairo? Click here.
Day 4, 5: Aswan
How to reach Aswan?
Take a flight from Cairo International Airport
What to see in Aswan?
- River Nile
- Temple of Philae
- Aswan city center
- Unfinished obelisk (I didn’t have time to go there)
- Abu Simbel (If you have an extra day in hand, it’s a lengthy day trip)
Where to stay in Aswan?
Where to eat in Aswan?
Details trip plan for Aswan
Want to know a detailed things to do in Aswan? Click here.
Day 6, 7: Luxor
How to reach Luxor?
Take a train from Aswan
What to see in Luxor?
- Luxor Temple (East Bank)
- Temple of Hatshepsut (West Bank)
- Valley of Queens (West Bank)
- Valley of Kings (West Bank)
- Hot-Air Balloon Ride (West Bank)
- Luxor Museum (East Bank)
Where to stay in Luxor?
Here are the top hotels in the East bank of Luxor
Here are the top hotels in the West bank of Luxor
Where to eat in Luxor?
- 1886 Restaurant (Fine dining)
- Sofra Restaurant & café (Mid-range)
- Aisha Restaurant (Mid-range)
- Aboudi Coffee Break (Cheap eats)
Details trip plan for Luxor
Want to know a detailed thing to do in Luxor? Click here.
- This itinerary of Egypt covers four places of Egypt-based on my backpacking trip to Egypt.
- This itinerary covers a lot of places and you can extend it to a couple of weeks if you want to experience a relaxed one
- Although it might seem rushed to some people I discussed with, I thoroughly enjoyed my trip and covered most of the bucket list items in Egypt
- I have an in-depth description of each of the places mentioned below; I have added links for those places.
- Before visiting Egypt, make sure you have travel insurance. It’s not only for Egypt but for every place you go. If you cannot afford a 50 to 100 dollar insurance, you should not travel. Do I sound harsh? Even if I, you will thank me one day! If you are not sure about where to do the insurance, I suggest taking it from World Nomads. They are specialized in travel insurance and cover a lot of areas including different types of adventure activities.
Leave a reply