Annapurna Base Camp Trek or ABC trek in Nepal is on top of every trekker’s bucket list. Interestingly, you don’t need a lot of money for this trek. Know how much money do you need for completing the Annapurna Base Camp Trek from this travel guide.
US$250 to US$300 – that’s how much it will cost you to complete the Annapurna Base Camp trek, including your trip to and from Kathmandu. This includes transportation, accommodation, meals, and permissions for the trek.
Don’t believe me? It’s true!
ABC is a beautiful trek in Nepal. Before doing the trek, like you, I also thought a trek like it will be expensive. However, once I completed the trek, it surprised me to see how little I had to spend on the overall trek. In the below chart, I have jotted down the expenses needed to complete the trek starting from Kathmandu.
Below is some point behind the calculation:
- You will spend two nights in Kathmandu, your first night after arrival to Nepal and last night before leaving Nepal
- You will spend two nights in Pokhara. One before the trek starts and one after the trek ends.
- You can save money on two nights if you can plan intelligently
- You will take a bus to Pokhara from Kathmandu. You will return similarly. If you want to take a flight, it will add US$100 more.
- If you are a citizen of SAARC country, you will save money in the permit
- I am assuming you will complete the trek in 8 days
- The budget I mentioned is flexible and you should be able to complete the trek in a lesser amount. Suppose I assumed the cost for a hotel per night is 12 USD per night. However, you can get this good hotel in Kathmandu at $6 to $7 per night.
- Unit in Hotel means the number of nights
- Unit in Food means the number of meals you will take
- You will not hire any guide and will trek on your own
- You will not hire any porter and will carry your bag on your own
- Miscellaneous expenses are to handle any unexpected expense not covered in the list
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost Summary
|Head of Cost||Unit Price in NPR||Unit||Total in NPR||Total in USD|
|Hotel in Kathmandu||1500||2||3000||24|
|Hotel in Pokhara||1200||2||2400||20|
|Jeep to and from entry point||1200||1||1200||10|
|Accommodation while trekking||350||7||2450||20|
|Food while trekking||600||18||10800||90|
|Food in Kathmandu and Pokhara||500||7||3500||29|
|Taxi to and from airport||1000||2||2000||17|
Depending on the change of Nepalese Rupees, the conversion in US$ might change when you are reading this write up. However, it should not vary much.
I believe that this can be done at US$250 and even if you end up spending US$300, it will be the most worthwhile $300 you spent in your life.
If you do not want to take a bus to Pokhara and take a flight instead, it will add a further US$150 for a roundtrip ticket.
If you are not on a budget, and willing to help the local communities, you can hire a guide and porter. This will add several hundred dollars to your cost but will be well spent.
What are you waiting for?
Wanna Share Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost? Pin it!
Further Reading on ABC Trek
Packing list for ABC Trek
Tips for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Itinerary for Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Leave a reply